Thorp Associates (“we”, “us”) as a proud specialist, supplying a premier service to candidates and clients alike, shares your concerns about the protection of your personal information.
By using the Site, you signify your agreement to the terms and conditions of this Policy. If you do not agree to this Policy, please do not use the Site.
To assist in providing our services it is necessary for us to retain certain information and personal data that is specifically, and knowingly, provided to us by both candidates and clients.
In the course of the various Search Services we provide, we may retain details processed from e-mails, applications and uploaded CVs such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, details contained within a CV (qualifications, educational background, career history, etc.), details of citizenship and any other information relating to you, to the extent that we have acquired or you have provided us with. This information is collected and processed to help us provide an accurate, valuable service to you, and to provide information as requested by you relating to opportunities which may be relevant to you.
The following points detail specific examples of ways in which we may use information we retain:
- We use the personal information of candidates to identify and select professional opportunities which we think will be of interest. This enables us to be more selective when contacting potential candidates about such opportunities.
- Our clients require us to perform selection activities based upon candidates’ details for each search in order to ensure only relevant candidates are considered for a search.
- We may retain information relating to our clients in order to contact you from time to time regarding your needs and our services.
- We may use information such as your contact details in order to respond to your enquiries.
- Thorp Associates may, from time to time, send information or promotional e-mails concerning our services. Such correspondence is targeted and every attempt is made to ensure the relevance of the information contained. An “opt out” option is always available if you feel you would rather not be contacted.
- Details regarding your age, race and health may be collected for equal opportunities monitoring purposes and we may pass this information on to our clients for their own monitoring purposes. We may also record telephone conversations for record keeping, training and/or quality assurance purposes.
- Thorp Associates may disclose information as required; to comply with any applicable laws or requests from governmental authorities; to comply with any valid legal process; to enforce our Terms of Business; to enable us to pursue available remedies or limit any damages arising from a situation.
- Thorp Associates reserves the right to disclose or transfer any and all personal information that we collect in connection with the provision of our services in the event of a sale of our company or one of our affiliates, a merger or consolidation involving Thorp Associates or one of its affiliates, or a sale or transfer of assets or of any portion of our business or the business of one or more of our affiliates. We may also pass your information to, or allows access to such information to other companies that are either within the RBW or are associated to RBW (being companies in which the owners or directors of RBW have a financial interest) in order that they may use your personal information in the same way as we process, use and disclose your information as described above
We always aim to keep all of our records up-to date and accurate, so please make us aware of any changes to any of your information. We will retain your details on our database, but if there no updates or changes to the information we hold within two years then all of the data will be removed, and the profile will be marked as inactive.
The security and protection of the information we collect is of paramount importance. Our computer systems are all password protected and activity is regularly monitored to ensure the security and protection against destruction, accidental manipulation, loss or unauthorised access.
In addition to the company’s safeguards, your personal data is protected in the UK by the Data Protection Act. You have the right to see what is held about you and correct any inaccuracies in your personal data we hold.
For any further information please contact:
Data Protection Officer,
Thorp Associates LLP
106 High Street